At St Joseph’s we believe physical education is an essential part of every child’s educational development and is, as important as other curriculum subjects. We strive to deliver high quality, meaningful, enjoyable learning experiences in PE that are accessible to all pupils and foster the physical, moral, social, emotional, cultural and intellectual development of all our pupils. We provide life-long lessons that will promote the children to partake in a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Our infant children have also been active in the school vision and aim for PE and designed an emblem that our school and staff proudly display. (Staff PE kits, school letter footers and displays around school.)
- To develop the fundamental skill of PE- agility, balance and coordination that is accessible to every child and their development; which allow them to participate in life-long physical activities.
- Promote fair play, sportsmanship and team work.
- Celebrate being proud of achievements and personal bests of themselves and others.
- Educate children in health, well-being and mental health.
- Provide quality experiences inside and outside of school times.
- Provide opportunities for our children to compete against themselves, with partners, in teams and with other school children.